The Chronicles of Ethaeria -> New Member Guide - Getting Started

Listed On

RPG-D The Distant Fantasies NetworkTotal Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites

Affliates

Topic Closed   New Topic  Poll

Þ New Member Guide - Getting Started
The Chronicle Keeper
 Posted: Dec 25 2012, 04:59 AM
"Quote" 

Keeper of the Chronicles
Group Icon

Group: Chronicle Keeper
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

1. Find Your Spot
First, check the Introduction to Ethaeria. It contains a basic description of the three groups of Ethaeria. Then, check the Hierarchy List and the Most Needed Character Types list. If your desired group has hierarchy or leadership positions available, consider applying for those (if you feel comfortable doing so).

If your desired group shows their need as LOW or FULL (which none currently do) on the Needed Types list, try considering another group. However, if you cannot find another to fit your skill set or interests, you may PM an administrator or staff member. Usually, something can be worked out.

2. Develop your character.

So, you have a character group in mind and are ready to develop your character. First off, know your lore. It's recommended that you check the Wikia, and study the group or character type that you found interesting as well as to learn about Ethaeria as a whole. The Table of Contents is a good place to start.

Use the available Wikia pages to guide your creation of your character's backstory and to flesh them out.

Something missing or confusing? Feel free to PM a staff member or ask in the Cbox. If you have an idea that is not covered in the lore, feel free to discuss this as well.

Once you have a solid idea for your character, it's time for step three.

3. Apply.
Yep, you guessed it. It's time to apply. Head over to the Applications section and copy our easy to use application template. Please make sure to fill the application out completely. It helps us get a grasp on who you are and who you're going to play.

If you get lost or need some help you may, as always, ask a staff member to help.

4. Wait to be accepted/sorted.
Applications are usually reviewed and replied to within 24 hours of being posted. If there's an issue you can either find a reply waiting or sometimes a private message.

If accepted, your character will be moved to Dramatis Personae, follow the instructions in the staff's reply to your application and then you're ready for step five.

5. Enter an open thread.
You're ready to enter a thread now. Find one that would be a good fit for your character. Always be on the look out for major story threads to get in on. This will help your character mesh with the rest of the cast.
 Private Messenge  E-mail Poster 
^
The Chronicle Keeper
 Posted: Apr 15 2013, 10:24 AM
"Quote" 

Keeper of the Chronicles
Group Icon

Group: Chronicle Keeper
Member No.: 1

Awards: None

FAQ

Q. I like elves, dwarfs, or another non-human race. Is there any way I can play one of these?
A. Currently, no. Ethaeria as a continent is dominated by humans. In the future, further races might be discovered. For now, however, you might consider playing as a caster or a Warden if you're interests lie with races like elves and dwarfs.

Q. I want to have a different last name for my guild character than the list of lore-based last names.
A. Try discussing this with a staff member. We might be able to come to an arrangement.

Q. Do I have to be a part of a guild, the military, or another group?
A. Definitely not! Your character could be one of the myriad of non-affiliated commoners living in Ethaeria. Also, there are both Wardens and casters that do not feel affiliated with their respective groups.

Q. What does "only human born" mean?
A. It means that all characters must be human. However, they don't have to be simply human. Werewolves and vampires do exist in Ethaeria.

Q. I want to play a villain, is that possible?
A. Of course. If you have a set idea in mind, feel free to contact the staff and discuss it. While the main villian types (i.e. the invaders) are generally NPCs, there might be a place among them for you.

Q. I'm under 17, can I still join?
A. Yes, as long as you're mature, won't be disruptive, and are here to contribute and have fun.

More to be added as the need arises.
 Private Messenge  E-mail Poster 
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Getting Started | Next Newest »

Topic Options   Topic Closed   New Topic  Poll

All lore content © The Chronicles of Ethaeria. Pictures © their respective artists.
Skin created at the expense of kismet's sanity. She's from RPG-D and Caution 2.0 !
Toggle Cbox